This one-day introductory training course will be held on September 12, 2019 at the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) office and will discuss proper procedures for underground pipe installation and inspection.
The following topics are presented in this training course as they apply to the installation of culverts, storm sewer, underdrain, and drainage structures:
• Site Safety and Personal Protection including Miss Dig Location System
• Culvert Pipe, Storm Sewer Pipe, Underdrain Pipe, Drainage Structures◦ Types, Sizes, Joints
• Storage, Delivery, Placement
• Qualified Products (QPL), Tested Stock, Approved Manufacturers
• Video Inspection, Mandrel Testing, Corrective Action
• Soil Types and Contaminated Soils
• Groundwater Conditions and Contaminated Groundwater
• Trench Excavation and Over-excavation (undercutting)
• Pipe Foundation
• Pipe Bedding
• Pipe Backfill
• Pipe Bedding Compaction Methods and Density Requirements
• Pipe Backfill Compaction Methods and Density Requirements
This training course is intended to familiarize inspectors, technicians, construction managers, superintendents, foreman, and pipe layers with the Michigan Department of Transportation requirements for the proper installation of culverts, storm sewer, underdrain, and drainage structures.
Click here to register for the class.