The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) would like to hear feedback from interested contractors on their I-94 (from Puetz Road to Britain Avenue) reconstruction project in Berrien County. Work includes 6.4 miles of I-94 reconstruction as alternate pavement bid, 2.3 miles of I-94 rehabilitation, 4 bridge replacements, 8 bridge rehabilitations, 3 large box culverts, reconstruction of 3 interchanges, and rehabilitation of 2 interchanges including the construction of a new ramp.
The current anticipated prequals include:
Comb/Jt B, Fa and Cb, Fa and Ea, Fa with subs of B, Cb, Ea and Fa
The current anticipated project schedule includes:
• 2023 – pavement repairs
• 2024 – construct WB then EB from Puetz Road to Hickory Creek including the structures
• 2025 – construct WB from Hickory Creek to Britain Avenue including the structures
• 2026 – construct EB from Hickory Creek to Britain Avenue including the structures
Questions MDOT is looking for feedback on include:
• Does this schedule seem constructable while meeting the seasonal time frames?
• Is there any other work your team perceives, that could be completed in 2023 with a June letting?
• The staging plans will be updated to the new stages. Are there any suggestions for improvements?
• Are there any other suggestions on the MOT or stages?
To view the current draft plans and proposal and provide comments, MDOT has set up a Bluebeam Studio Session:
131843 & 132824 I-94 MITA Review
Session ID: 104-580-720
Session URL: https://studio.bluebeam.com/hyperlink.html?link=studio.bluebeam.com/sessions/104-580-720
MDOT has requested comments by noon on December 20th. (The Bluebeam session will close at 5 pm on Wednesday, December 21st.)
MDOT invites all interested contractors to attend a meeting on Tuesday, December 20th, at the Coloma TSC at 1 PM for a one-hour meeting to discuss the project and provide any suggestions. If you would like a forward of the calendar appointment sent to you, please send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachelle VanDeventer at email@example.com, or Glenn Bukoski at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them at the MITA office at 517-347-8336.